The White Hindu has moved

The White Hindu has moved! This blog is no longer updated, but Ambaa is still writing The White Hindu every weekday at Patheos.com.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Holi Recap

Holi was pretty good, I drove a little over an hour to the temple in VA where Hindi Day had been. There was food, and stands and performances of folk and classical dance.

I dragged along a Jewish friend, but I didn't know anyone else. As it turns out, it's a bit hard to get into the spirit of throwing colored powder at complete strangers.

Next year I think I'll hit the Hari Krishna temple with my friend K.

2 comments:

  1. There is a Hare Krishna temple in Utah around where I went to college and I went to services once for a religion class. Very interesting, but I am sad that I never participated in Holi and I regret it. It looks so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you should if you ever get a chance! It is really fun. It's almost Eastery in a way, with all the bright, spring time colors.

    ReplyDelete