The White Hindu has moved

The White Hindu has moved! This blog is no longer updated, but Ambaa is still writing The White Hindu every weekday at Patheos.com.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!

I don't have any big plans this year. I did not attempt modak again or make a clay Ganesh.

But I'm thinking about Ganesha and the joy and energy that he brings to the world.

(I am wearing a sari, of course! Soft magenta with a border of black and gold).

I think holidays will be more meaningful for me when I have children. I know I really look forward to making Ganesh statues with my children someday and sharing stories and lore with them.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Ganesh Chaturthi....I am in Nashville ..today Evening People will gather at Temple to celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi...You can also go to your nearest tesmple..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could. And a couple years ago I did a big thing for Chaturthi, but this year I needed some quiet time. :)

      Delete